Sunday 24 February 2013

The Bump: 24 Weeks

Well, we're about two thirds of the way through the pregnancy already! Time, of course, continues to fly by, the calendar will soon be filled up with more ultrasounds, scans and doctors visits. We're also preparing for my mom to come, then my sister, and then the twins. (Hopefully in that order!)


How far along: 24 weeks today (Feb 24)
Development: Babies looked great at their recent ultrasound last week. One is slightly bigger (just over 550 grams) with a bigger uterine sack. The other is not far behind though at about 520 grams. Still plenty of room and fluid in there for both of them. All vital organs accounted for and strong heart beats.
Movement: I can feel daily movement and it's the best part of being pregnant, even when it keeps you up at night!
Weight Gain: Basically the only weight I've gained is baby weight (just over 1kg now)
Maternity Clothes: Most definitely! Finding comfy and weather appropriate pants is the most important. Funnily enough some of my maternity tops from Lucas are feeling a little short already!
Stretch Marks: Yup, definitely getting some new ones across the top of my belly.
Best moment of my week: Finally having the gender confirmed and seeing my little girls on the ultrasound.
Worst moment: Nothing really stands out, so I guess I've been having a pretty good few weeks!
Sleep: Pretty good these days, although I have been waking up a few more times for the past few nights. Kids are also generally sleeping well, so that helps.
Miss Anything: Actually being able to eat a full plate of food. I do really eat almost every two hours and drink tons of water.
Food Cravings: My sweet tooth is baaaack! Right at this very moment I'm craving cinnamon rolls and carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Both not available to buy ready-made here - so there may be some baking in my kitchen tomorrow.
Aversions: Coffee gives me acid reflux so I'm staying away from that.
Gender: Girls!
Labor signs: Nothing yet, thankfully.
Belly Button: So very far out already, and it has shifted a little to the right side given that the baby on the left is the bigger one!
Rings: On
Mood: Excited to get things ready, but also tiring a lot more easily.
Looking forward: Getting our guest room ready for my mom!

Want to read my other "bump" updates? 15 Weeks, 18 Weeks and 21 Weeks

15 comments:

  1. You look so cute, and so tiny and perfect for 24 weeks with twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite parts of being pregnant was definitely feeling the movement. Couldn't imagine feeling that with two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taara, I bought the "cinnamon roll" pretzel for you today and forgot to give it! Lots of willing eaters on this end, tho. Will probably get more next weekend, so remember to ask me for it. Love you! Mom Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! I have a total sweet tooth lately too, which is new since almost my entire pregnancy I was all about everything salty. But oh yum, cinnamon rolls sound awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing Taara! I love hearing about those girls and Lucas and Elena too. Coffee gives me acid reflux and I'm not pregnant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute! And congrats on two girls! How fun!

    Visiting from Mommy Moments. Hoe you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for adding your link to the family link up. :) Looking good! My lil guy is almost 6 months now. It feels like I was pregnant FOREVER ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic!!! So exciting :)
    Visiting today from Jelli's Mommy Mixer... lovely space you have and it's nice to "meet" ya!
    blessings,
    lauren
    www.mercyinkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your TWO little girls! SO precious :). You are rich in babies ;) Thanks for linking up at Mommy Brain Mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! How exciting...and two girls to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great and glad you're enjoying your pregnancy! Towards the end of your pregnancy when you're not as comfortable these posts will be great to come back to and read!
    Stopping by from Mommy-Brain Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely picture!

    I would absolutely love for you to link up at the Friday Baby Shower - a linky party for all things pregnancy and new baby, Alice @ Mums Make Lists xxx

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-friday-baby-shower-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girls! So exciting! I can't believe how fast it is going. I'm sure it doesn't feel fast enough for you though. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a wonderful blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting to find out you're having little girls! Now that you've already got one of each, I suppose you probably didn't have a preference anyway. What mom wants more than healthy babies, anyway, right? So excited for you. I can't believe you've only gained 1 kilo. You must be one super healthy mama! I try my best, but my sweet tooth's also in full-force right now. Somehow when I made chocolate cuppies last night for the teachers at school I didn't eat >1. :) Hope your pregnancy continues to go great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...